New 27" LED Display with DVI?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by harleymhs, Nov 2, 2010.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if there is an adaptor to connect the NEW 27" LED DISPLAY to a computer that has a DVI port? I looked on apples web site and there an adaptor but I dont think it is the one I would need to go from Mini DisplayPort to DVI.. Anyone know ? Thanks for any help!

2. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks!!! Any loss of quality when using this ??

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't have experience with those, but maybe MRoogle can help you find other threads about this, as there are quite a few of them here.

4. goochrules macrumors newbie

The only problem I've noticed with my MBP 4,1 -> atlona at-dp400 -> 27" ACD is that I only get 2240x1260.

I know its not the ACD: I've connected it to a newer MBP, and it shows 2560x1440 as expected.

It has been suggested that I need to upgrade from 10.5.8 to the latest 10.6. I agree that this could be the cause of the problem, but disagree that it should be the cause.

So, I'd be interested to know your results with the 27" + at-dp400.

5. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont want to use the 27 " LED display with my MAC, I have 2 MBA and a MBP they have the display ports on them and would work fine, I wanted to use the 27" display with my 20087 MACPRO and only has a DVI on the video card.. My current 30 cinema display is giving me issues. Maybe better off to go to the DELL Ultra Sharp 30" ... ????

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Wow.

If you don't want the adapter, you could buy a miniDisplayPort capable graphics card, though there might be a difference for a GPU for the 2007 Mac Pro 2,1 and the 2008 Mac Pro 3,1 (link).