NEW 2nd gen. iPod touch able to be returned?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SamAshleyBlogs, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SamAshleyBlogs macrumors regular

Hi everyone.

I just received a new (not refurb) 8gb iPod touch from opening a new Key Bank account. I have a 1st gen. 16gb iPod Touch that I'm selling on eBay because I want to use the money from the 1st gen. and new 2nd gen. towards a 32gb. After checking the model number (A1288) I've discovered it's 2nd generation not 3rd. My whole plan was to exchange the NEW iPod at Best Buy (or somewhere similar) and use the extra money from my old iPod to get a 32gb. Now that I've found out it's second generation, do you think they will exchange it? It's in original packaging and not opened. Do you think they will take it even though it's not 3rd generation?

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

They should. The only difference is the name.

3. SamAshleyBlogs thread starter macrumors regular

You think? I was just going to tell them someone got it for me as a gift and that's why I don't have a receipt. I feel as though that will be a pretty obvious lie since they haven't carried the 2nd generations for awhile.

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

The 2nd 8GB is the same EVERYTHING, other than name, to the 3rd gen 8GB.

Oh, you dont have a receipt. What usually happens it theyll let you exchange, pay the difference, or give you a gift card for the same amount.

5. SamAshleyBlogs thread starter macrumors regular

I just called Best Buy and the lady told me they would absolutely not exchange it without a receipt. Grrr.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Really? Ive had multiple trades for gift cards. I guess youre only option is to try eBay.

7. iMac0765 macrumors regular

eBay will make you "GRRR" more than the Best Buy lady.

Try something other than eBay as they charge you a listing fee and 10 percent of your Auction sale.

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

9 percent, thank you very much. You could sell it on Craigslist.

9. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

There is no 8gb 3rd gen touch, there is only a 2nd gen 8gb that Apple still sells.