New 30" ACD problem with PICS

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Gloor, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Gloor macrumors 6502a

2. XianPalin macrumors 6502

I don't know much about those displays but that seems like a lot of bleeding, especially for one that pricey. I have a dell that does that but it was the budget line of the 22" screens. I wouldn't pay as much as you did for a 30" ACD and expect it to look like that.

Might want to see how people that have one respond though :)

3. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

I'm not too sure if it's the way the photos are taken, but if the monitor looks as bad in real life as it is over here, then I would urge you to return it to Apple.

Can I ask you why didn't you test the 30" at the shop before you buy it?

4. gotzero macrumors 68040

Does it look like that when you look at it?

My 23" looks fine, I just ran it through black pixelcheck, and to me, it looks great. However, I snapped a quick pic with my phone camera, and it makes it look as if there is a bleed in the top right corner. I do not see this when I am looking at it from where I normally sit but the camera sure does.

The 30"s are a little different because they are so big that the viewing angle gets a little crazy in the corners when you are using the display.

5. Gloor thread starter macrumors 6502a

online order with BTO mac pro. also, there is so much light in apple stores that i would not be able to see the issue anyway

6. Gloor thread starter macrumors 6502a

I called Apple care and they are going to give me a replacement. :) I hope it won't take a long time as I've been waiting enough :(

7. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

I got one, it has burn issues after 2+ years but..... I don't have uneven brightness like that on movies. Well... when it first warms up after being off for a while... the entire system, it does look a bit uneven. But mine is old, yours is new. Glad apple gave you a new one! They are usually pretty good with customer care.

8. Karamazow macrumors newbie

I'm interested in next steps of your story, since I am not sure about buying one 30" ACD now...

9. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

I'm considering buying another one. But this time I'll get a refurb. But that's only if Apple does a replacement on this old 30" I have now.

10. Karamazow macrumors newbie

You are planning to buy a refurbished 30" ACD, after having sold your current one ?

Only if Apple does a replacement on your old 30" ? I don't understand what you mean ...

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How willing are they to allow you to unload a 30" ACD onto their counter and test it? I'm curious because I never thought to do this nor would I even think to hassle them.

12. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

Meaning, if Apple doesn't replace my old one, I will not be a happy customer and therefore not interested in spending my money with them.

But this may change, I may just go out and get one today. As far as the updates go, I'm not interested in a iSight, iSight is for people who like to play on their webcam. I use my computers to do design work.

ACD is the best out for print quality. Print quality and web quality, both mean a lot to me.

If a local Apple store has a refurbed 30" in their store today, I will see what I can do about aquiring it. I can really use the real estate. I did have to get use to the 30" though. For almost a year and a half I seldom used it. Sad, yes I know.

It was just MAMMOTH! I must have been scared of it! Now I embrace it and want another!

I know what people mean about the OTHER 30's out there being too VIVID. It is very true. They are unrealistic to TRUE print color and also TRUE web colors.

Very pretty, but not realistic. I NEED REALISTIC! :apple: ACD BABY! :D

13. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

Once you buy it, you can do what you want. Catch is, you gotta buy it first. Then their might be a restocking fee, but if their is something wrong with it, you're good.

14. Karamazow macrumors newbie

Price evolution of the next generation !

Helle everybody

I come back with another question concerning the price of the screen :

Do you think the next generation of Apple Cinema Display could be proposed at the same price ?

Actually, I can buy the 30" screen at its actual price, but I am wondering if the next generation of screen will be at the same price.

Specially if the size growes, more connections proposed, iSight (I don't think but it may be)...

I would be disapointed to have been waiting such a long time, just to conclude that I am not able to buy the 30" (or around) class.

What do you think, regarding to your experiences of APPLE products ?

Thanks !

15. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

I'm sure it's gonna be more than the retail price of $1799. Theres not going to be any upgrades on the 30 for a while presume. Even though they did come out in December of 04, the screen was ahead of it's time, that's why it's still a hot item to this day.

I bought a 2nd one yesterday and did an apple care swap out at a retail store. (had burned images, screen fade, etc). Gotta love the 30.

16. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about getting a second one, but I don't want to be left in the dust when new LED powered ACD's come out. LED's are amazing, blacks are truly blacks because the LED's physically power off in those areas, it's amazing. We got a 52" LED powered Samsung LCD and it's truly impressive.