Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deschodt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
My 10 days old 3G is already dead. Full battery charge, but will not turn on anymore. I can only get it to turn on when plugging it in to recharge, but not if it's by itself, untethered... I will reset and load 2.1, but I am a little less than impressed so far, it's not my ipod, it's a phone that I need for work !!!

Hmmm...

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
My 10 days old 3G is already dead. Full battery charge, but will not turn on anymore. I can only get it to turn on when plugging it in to recharge, but not if it's by itself, untethered... I will reset and load 2.1, but I am a little less than impressed so far, it's not my ipod, it's a phone that I need for work !!!

Hmmm...

Restore and let us know how it goes.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Sounds like you were the victim of Tin Whiskers.

Things like this happen to a small percentage of customers (with every product) and should be expected. Take it to an Apple Store and get it replaced. Or call your provider and have them ship you a replacement.

TEG

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008

Hmmm...
After only 10 days you should have no issue getting a replacement. Don't worry, you will get one that works eventually. :)

Deschodt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
well 2.01 + a reset fixed it for now but I will not always be near my mac, so I hope it was a fluke... Not super confident after this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.