New 3G iPhone theory.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PowerFullMac, Jun 5, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The new iPhone will have a more extended OS X on it and will be classed as a computer... Think about it, the new shipments come in called computers (cant remember the exact name)... Like I said, just a theory, will be interesting.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Of course it will have a "more extended" version of OS X on it. All iPhones will once the 2.0 software is released. And classed as a computer? The current iPhone is a computer if you want to get technical... all smartphones are.

3. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I know, but I mean more like a Mac, maybe the interface will be more like real OS X with more powerful apps... Just a theory, we can all dream :p

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

You're not going to see any major interface changes cause that would shoot current developers in the foot. It would be a huge waste for them to make a radical design change on the OS side so that when the App Store launches most of the available apps will only work with 1st generation iPhones until developers can put out separate versions for the 2nd gen iPhones.

5. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

The excitment is getting to you. Come round to my house, I can give you councelling :D.

Who am I kidding, just as excited myself!!!! Everyone got themsleves sorted out for time for keynote coverage?? :D