New 3G: screen has blue/green tint...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illweather, Sep 29, 2008.

1. illweather macrumors regular

My Dad bought a 3G iPhone this last weekend, and he loves it. However I noticed that compared to my first gen. iPod Touch, the screen on his phone seems to have a blue/green tint to it. Probably won't see him again for a few days, so maybe this has somehow corrected itself already. Or maybe he needs to go exchange it for another...

Is this common, or a known characteristic of the new 3Gs? Don't want him to be stuck with a bum product from the get go...

Thanks

2. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

can you post a screenshot?

(menu button + power button)

3. The General macrumors 601

If the screen is tinted, a screenshot will not show it.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Exactly. Best would be to take a pic of both iPhone and iPod Touch side by side for comparison with a digital camera. I've heard of the iPhone 3G having a yellow tint (done on purpose by Apple), but never a blue/green one.

5. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, totally forgot about this post...

I'll try and post a screen shot (but first it must be pwned, I believe), however I doubt a screen shot would demonstrate or confirm the quality of the display. I'm gonna check em again side by side tomorrow, and if there is an obvious difference, I'll take a digital picture.

And I don't remember the tint being at all yellow. Though in the end (after having the iphone for about 3 weeks now) he's happy with it, so maybe it doesn't matter if the screen isn't perfect.

6. threezero macrumors 6502

no need to pwn for a screenshot. press home and power button at the same time for 1 sec your screen will flash. The pic will be save in your album

7. yode macrumors 6502

wtf...who ever said anything about pwning? also, we already stated that taking a screenshot will not capture the tint of the lcd screen...

8. threezero macrumors 6502

^^^^^

9. yode macrumors 6502

Sorry about that threezero, it must have been late when I posted that. But yea, screenshot wouldn't do much.

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

First, as has been said, all iPod touch's and iPhones with firmware 2.0 or above can take screenshots now, there's no need for jailbreaking.

Second, a screenshot wouldn't do anything at all in terms of showing people the 'flaw'. The screenshot is of the software that is running, it doesn't take the condition of the hardware into account; the screen itself is hardware. If you took a screenshot of your iPod and compared it to a screenshot of the iPhone, no matter how different the quality of the screens are, they will look identical apart from the fact one will say 'iPod' and one will say 'iPhone' in the corner.

Third, the only way it would be possible to show people here the problem would be to take a decent photo of the iPod and iPhone side-by-side, preferably displaying the same thing (say, both on the home screen) so that they can easily be compared.

11. otep1760 macrumors regular

otep1760

so, what your saying is, you didn't read the whole thread?

12. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Aimed at me? If so, yes, I did read it. I was merely explaining things in more detail because some of the other replies were rather vague with what they were trying to say.