New 3GS Commercial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGreat01, Jul 14, 2009.

1. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Also while watching the allstar game, a what I think is a new commercial came on. It was showing how the iPhone can take, trim, and send videos. It was a pretty good commercial.

I'm glad that apple now has something to make a commercial about the phone itself now insted of just showing expencive apps lol.

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

That commercial has been out for a while, sorry:D

3. threezero macrumors 6502

dunt have a 3gs but i have to say apple took so long to implement video and does it right. nice elegant video editing that can't be found in already establish phone OS that has been able to take video for a few years already.

4. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yes they do! When doesn't apple do things right lol. It might have taken a while. But once it does happen, it's done right.

And sorry lol. Didn't know it was old, it was the first time I had seen it.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

A number of the extreme video editors, aren't too happy about the video editing capabilities of the iPhone. They say that all you can do is trim the video and that isn't editing. They want to be able to do much more. I know, give a little, want a lot!

6. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Wow! That's a little extreme. You would think that people who want to full on edit on the phone wouldn't want to full on edit on the phone lol. Why wouldn't you just do it on the computer?

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I know, that's what I told my son (one of those "extreme" editors). He said they want to be able to do it anywhere. To me, the screen is way too small.

8. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Hahaha. Tell him it's a phone not a laptop lol.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

As one of the (probably) extreme editors, I love the ability to trim a video so as to not waste space with "dead" parts of a clip.

But - I wouldn't mind the following enhancements either

a) exporting to a server not just youtube/mobile me
    b) more specific start and end points (perhaps a frame counter so that edits can be a little more precise)
    c) the ability to join clips
    d) the ability to remove sections in the middle as well as on either end
    e) the ability to add filters/color correction and titles like photogene can

Again - what Apple has done is already amazing for a smartphone. My additions are just things I'd love to see in future apps or updates

10. army91c macrumors 6502a

Im with you on the cutting out the middle and joining clips. I don't know how hard that would be to execute but it would be nice.

11. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Won't it look a little weird to cut the middle and then join the two clips without a transition? I think it would be a little too much for them to add transitions.

12. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

i absolutely hate the new copy paste commercial... really Apple? it's not a revolutionary feature. :(

13. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

14. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

Yes i did read the thread ;) all of the threads I linked talk about the new ads maybe not just one singled out but all of them talk about the new ads which this thread talks about ;) that's where you could have commented about new ads and not start a new thread when there are threads you could add 2 why start a new thread about one ad when you could just post to the threads that are already talking about the topic :rolleyes:

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Thanks for adding ;) all those smileys ;) when you ;) were obviously irritated :eek: with him ;) making :cool: this post ;), so since you ;) did we can't tell. ;)