New 3M Fingerprint Fading Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Breezer23, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Breezer23 macrumors member

3M Natural View Fingerprint Fading Screen Protectors

These use some new fancy chemical that cause finger prints to fade over time. $28.99 for front and back coverage. I'm too cheap to buy one without a review first. Anyone up for taking the plunge?? The cool thing about them is that they are crystal clear and not that matte finish that you normally get with anti-fingerprint protectors.

2. neotope macrumors regular

3. Breezer23 thread starter macrumors member

Who knows. I love reading the comments/reviews from people who are just awful at installing and blame the product for it.

4. paygong macrumors newbie

was supposed to buy this one last June in Singapore. but then when one of the store personnel applied it on my ipad, it was terrible. bubbles were all over the place and they can't seem to 'squegee' it out, stating that the protector was too 'sticky'.

the personnel started looking at me nervously because they can't seem to get it off as well. they tried using some scotch tape but wasn't so effective so they tried to literally claw it off before i intervened (as my ipad was only 2wk old then, i don't want them to scratch it or anything). it got so confusing coz they started speaking in Mandarin (which I dont understand) but I saw the manager viewing the specs of my ipad and taking a new one (similar to mine, I assume) out of their stockpile. i immediately told them that i don't intend to get a new ipad [even for free] and that they should fix mine ASAP. also saw them taking out the rest of the 3m stocks out of their shelf.

was in the store for a couple of hours before they finally were able to take it off (with some residue, which they removed by opening some lcd cleaning kit of some sort) and offered me a refund plus 50% off on any one of the other brands available [i was actually willing to try another stock but they said that they won't sell it for the meantime]. i chose sgp/steinheil which was what i had before i tried this 3m thing.

not sure if it's the staff or the product that has issues, though. =/

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

When it says fingerprints "fade away", does it take very long? Do you see fingerprints when your using it then next time they are gone? Still seems like you would clean it while your using it if fingerprints really bother you.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Gizmodo claims they're new. Amazon comments on it go back a few months.

Last June? Was this product out then?

7. paygong macrumors newbie

yes it was then. not sure if it's the earlier version. but the box has this blue buterfly on it and says that it's fingerprint resistant (fingerprint fade) and that's what caught my eye.

staff on the store said it came to their store just that day (around june 27 if i remember correctly) and was a new product. i was the first one to 'buy' and have it installed right there and then, apparently.