new 4.1 unlock coming out? whats that mean...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CBillups1, Nov 11, 2010.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

Im on 4.0 and am currently jailbroken and unlocked and want to get 4.1 but its a hassle to do the jailbreak and unlock the current way.

When the actual 4.1 unlock comes out, will i get screwed with 4.2 coming out and wont be able to actually update to 4.1?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Pwnage is not difficult to use. It even walks you through DFU.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Your assumption is correct, once 4.2 is released apple will stop signing 4.1 and you will not be able to upgrade the official way. Depending on the phone you have there are choices.

3GS you can only use pwnage.

IP4 you can use pwnage, Tiny umbrella or a Cydia restore to get the firmware without a BB update. You can get double protection on the IP4 by downloading the official ipsw. USE tiny umbrella and the phone in DFU mode with an option restore or shift restore to the IPSW and pull the internet cable from the computer as soon as the restore starts. Tiny umbrella does not sign the baseband so it will not upgrade and it is not possible for apple to sign it since you have no internet. You will get a 1004 error and you need to use tiny umbrella to kick the phone out of recovery

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

If this is too much of a hassle, then maybe this isn't the phone for you?

5. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

what? i have an iphone 4. maybe if there was a good video tutorial i would do it. i dont wanna risk ruining my phone and not even being able to use it since im on tmobile and if it gets locked im pretty much screwed.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

With an iphone 4 its easy and not a hassle at all.
    You have 2 options to maintain your unlockable baseband.
    Use Tinyumbrella to update to official 4.1 and keep your BB or use pwnage tool to restore to Jailbroken 4.1 while also maintaining your baseband.

7. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

is there a tutorial on tinyumbrella anywhere?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. watsonr93 macrumors newbie

new4.1 comming out

When the actual 4.1 unlock comes out, will i get screwed with 4.2 coming out and you can use the P4 for the P4 pwnage and you can get double protection for use the ip4. In apple form you can write the mac tutorials .