New 4S and Otterbox Case for i4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Irock619, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I am a bit disappointed with Otterbox. The CSR assured me that a defender case for an iPhone 4 would not work with the new 4S. ********!!! The proximity sensor works fine and the case fits like a glove. Has anybody else tried their iPhone 4 case from Otterbox?

2. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Yes, and the side buttons did not align correctly. It was just as I was told it would be, so I wasn't surprised.

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

The case I have is compatible with verizon and att iPhones. The buttons are fine on my case. I can't believe that Otterbox is trying to sell a new case just for the 4S when the current ones work fine.

4. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

My old otter box work but is just the small otter box (forgot the name lol) I just don't like how it looks cause is a white iPhone I just to like it on my black iPhone so I guess I have to check out amazon for white cases, any recommendations guys?

5. NoHo macrumors 6502

I have a white iPhone 4S and bought a black otterbox defender for AT&T iPhone 4 and it fits fine.

Only bummer thing I couldn't decide if I wanted an black or white iPhone so I bought the white and figured I could put this black case on it and you wouldn't be able to see the white and you kind of cant except for the edges around the screen, but it's annoying.

6. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Should there be consequences for Otterbox passing the wrong information to customers?

7. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I bought a new iPhone and defender today and it is much different than my iphone4 defender. It has a nice cut out where proximity sensor is and the material isn't as gummy but like harder plastic. The camera and flash button are also a newer design. I got the army green one and white 64g.

Attached Files:

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Another pic.

Attached Files:

9. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I'm using the otterbox for the iPhone 4 (cdma version ) and it works fine , it doesn't have the big hole like that one , but Idk if I covers the camera lense , it doesn't look like it tho [​IMG]

10. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Upgraded to the iP4S today -- I was told that an Otterbox case is a must if you want to keep your phone from shattering.

Bought the defender -- my initial reaction is hatred. This thing is enormous. I hope I get used to it over the next few days because it feels like I'm carrying an old Nokia phone around now.

11. iYitsy macrumors member

Otterbox defender series is the ultimate case if you're clumsy..

If you don't like it you could drop down to the Commuter series, if you look at the post above that is the commuter series.

or be a man and get a zagg and go caseless.

12. 00trayn macrumors member

I've got a Commuter case on my new phone now. It's for the iPhone 4 and it's a universal case. It fits perfectly, camera isn't covered (not sure if it affects the flash, it doesn't seem to be), buttons line up, mute switch isn't blocked at all. I'm really impressed with it, and I had it before the phone got here, which I really wanted. It was $20 on amazon, in the pink/white color. Maybe the new 4S case design has some design improvements, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the iphone 4 cases in terms of fitting.

Also, the case doesn't feel bulky at all and looks like it's pretty effective with protecting the phone. Definitely something to consider if you think a Defender design is too bulky.