New 5,1 - 2 problems

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by GXPvince, Mar 22, 2013.

1. GXPvince macrumors regular

Problem 1: I have 12 core 2.4, ATi 5770. I can not get the dual displays to work. I have a 30in ACD and 23in ACD. Tried running the Dual link to the 23in and the regular connector (from MiniDP) doesn't work.

I also tried the 23in to the DVI which works. So the 23in is fine.

Tried the 30in ACD to the MiniDP doesn't work.

I do not no whats going on here, possible a bad video card?

Problem 2: I installed a Caldigit usb3/esata card into the 5,1. If I leave the Esata G-drive hooked up to the computer during boot up, my keyboard does not work.

Any help on these issues would be appreciated. :)

2. kgapp macrumors member

The 30 inch display is either going to need to be connected directly to the DVI port or to the Mini DisplayPort with a 'Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Dual Lunk DVI Adapter'. That is a $99 adapter available from Apple. It is not going to work with a passive Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter as a passive adapter will not support the 2560X1600 resolution required.

The 23" display you should be able to drive with either port without an issue.

3. GXPvince thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. I figured out the display issue. The 30in has to be hooked up to the Dual Link, and the 23in to the DVI connector on the video card.

I am still having problems with the g-safe hooked up to the Caldigit Esata port.