New 5c cases - anyone else irritated by this?:

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by unregbaron, Sep 11, 2013.

1. unregbaron macrumors regular

I just roughly added some more dots on the attached - they could still have the apple logo in a similar place/size as now but seems crazy how incomplete it is. especially when held the current solid area will be the main area exposed.

The Apple logo could be cut out (imagine Ive wouldn't want that) with smaller dots than currently or use the cutaway around the camera lens as the height for the holes.

Attached Files:

2. joneill55 macrumors 6502

No, I'm not in the least.

Don't buy it if you don't like it. That simple!

3. musika macrumors 65816

musika

I think the fact that "iPhone" is cut off so that all you see is "hon" is just stupid.

4. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

5. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Of all the things to complain about. Good heavens. The complaining on here is at an all time level. It's all there is.

6. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

People really need to evaluate their lives. Do you want to look back on your death bed at all the useless complaining you did?

7. Swordylove macrumors 6502a

Swordylove

That's what I thought too. It's not a big deal it it were one of those Chinese 3rd party cases. But official case from Apple? Really? SMH.

8. eddyecb macrumors regular

People will find absolutely ANYTHING to complain about.

9. Warcake macrumors regular

New 5c cases - anyone else irritated by this?:

Except no ones going to be looking back at the times they complained when they're on their death bed. People have the right to complain and you need to deal with that and get off your high horse.

It's actually a legitimate complaint, especially if you've seen how Ives talks about the cases design in the 5c ad.

10. nilzi macrumors regular

ugly case,$29--very expensive. I am very confused why Apple release this funny case.

11. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I'm very, very surprised that the dots don't conform to the 4x6 icon layout of the home screen.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I like the case. I don't care about the "hon" on the back. Anyway I love the dotty look of the encased thing and will buy two cases.

To me any case is mostly about keeping the corners on the phone intact, if it drops off the countertop while being handled to connect it to a charger or something. Sometimes I put a mobile in a sleeve for storage in my handbag, and sometimes I get a case but either way it's the front of the phone I look at because, duh, that's where the action is.

OK, done feeding any trolls who might have got loose in here tonight... :)

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

The design is just meh, cheaper chinese knockoff would prob be better.
    Still, the official design looks way better than the one you made w/ all holes.

14. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

No, because even then, they will have not gained any insight into the amount of time wasted bitching about plastic. :rolleyes:

15. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

There are holes because without it everyone with a 5C and case would have the same black front regardless of the backplate color.

16. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I don't like your mock-up at all, no offense.

I'd pick the original version 10 times out of 10

17. Swordylove macrumors 6502a

Swordylove

And people will also complain about complaints.

18. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Apple doesn't know how to create a nice case or bumper. Just wait until 3rd parties come out with much better cases. Plus, the Apple one is silicone for $30. That is just madness.

19. HiRisk macrumors 6502

20. buzzwas macrumors newbie

Would anyone actually pay $30 for Apple's official case? Geez I mean its cool but $30. Wouldn't one just get a otterbox?

21. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I'd rather have Apple's case then an otterbox. I'm so done with those ridiculous cases.