New 5k iMac: Magic mouse and keyboard issue?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iBatmac, Jan 11, 2016.

1. iBatmac, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016

iBatmac macrumors member

I'm not sure if there's an issue. When I turn on my 5k iMac (late 2015), doesn't detect my magic mouse 2, even if I move it, until I click it. The same occurs with my magic keyboard: I have to press any key to be detected. Is this normal? I have an iMac Mid 2011 and detects the mouse and the keyboard, even the imac's 5k new ones, immediately without clicking o pressing any key. Could you help me please?

2. bogg macrumors 6502

bogg

probably the deep sleep they enter when not being used, and being BLE-capable (your 2011 iMac is not) it might be that the 2011 iMac prevents it from going to standby.

3. iBatmac thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your answer. So is it normal? Anyone else can confirm if you must to click the magic mouse and to press any key on the keyboard when turn on the iMac (5k iMac late 2015), before typing the password? Is it a bluetooth's feature? I need your help :(

4. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Do you turn the keyboard and magic mouse after you use it, or just send the iMac to sleep mode and leave them two on?

5. iBatmac thread starter macrumors member

I d
    I never turn off the keyboard and the magic mouse. This "issue" only occurs when I turn on the iMac. When the IMac starts from sleep mode, mouse and the keyboard work well from start.

6. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I'd say turn of your keyboard and mouse after your session, see what happens of the next few days.

7. iBatmac thread starter macrumors member

For those interested I can finally ensure that this issue was caused by the FileVault