Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twisdit

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Washington DC
So i setup and restored my iphone. everything is working fine, all my data is back except the touchid not working. I already configured it and it registered but it doesnt work. Im still prompt with the slide to unlock followed by my 4 digit pin to unlock. Am I doing something wrong?

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
So i setup and restored my iphone. everything is working fine, all my data is back except the touchid not working. I already configured it and it registered but it doesnt work. Im still prompt with the slide to unlock followed by my 4 digit pin to unlock. Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like you are. Mine is working flawlessly.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
do you have to allow touch ID to unlock the iphone in the settings?

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
If you restart the phone it requires you to input your pin/password for the first sign in. Maybe that's the problem?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
You don't slide to unlock, you just press the Home button to wake, then then rest the registered finger on the button.

twisdit

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Washington DC
lol i feel so stupid.. not sure what i did but i removed any saved finger prints, re-entered the pin and registered my finger print.. all is working now. Mod/admin you can delete/lock this thread :rolleyes:

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Really? He said he configured it. Your advice is to tell him where the sensor is?

Yes, the way he worded his post made it seem as if he shouldn't be be expecting the slide to unlock. Even with it setup, you don't have to use it. You can slide to unlock and type in the passcode as always. So yes, my advice to him was, hold your finger over the home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.