New 5s setup question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rlb4, Nov 20, 2013.

1. rlb4 macrumors member

I just got the 5s for my son. It is his first iphone but has an ipod touch. On the ipod touch I have been using my apple id account for itunes and want to continue to use it on his 5s. I know that I can use different apple id's for messaging, face time, itunes, icloud... I just created a new apple id for him using his email address. My question is when I first turn the phone on and set it up should I use his new apple id? If I do, then all I would have to do is go into the settings for itunes and log out of his apple id and then log in using my apple id. Then he would be using his apple id for everything except itunes. Is this correct? Also, once I do this he will not be able to use his apple id for itunes for 90 days?

2. rlb4 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone? The phone was just delivered today so my son will be itching for me to get it setup quickly. Also can I turn it on and start setting it up without activating the sim? My sons case has not come in yet and I don't have a sim adapter so I don't want to use it yet.