New 6 plus can't be activated! Arggggg

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antwon412, Sep 20, 2014.

1. antwon412 macrumors member

So my phone was delivered Friday. Activated my wife's 6 with n problems. I try to activate my 6 plus and it asks for my billing zipcode and last 4 of my SSN. When I input those it doesn't recognize it and won't activate.

So far I've spent about 3-4 hours on the phone with verizon, 2 hours on the phone with apple and an hour in a verizon store. No luck so far. Latest is that my account is being recreated or something like that but it probably won't work until Tuesday.

This is frustrating. New toy and I can't even use it! I'm on vacation in disneyland so it's hard to take care of all this.

Everyone I've talked to has been super helpful. More then I've ever experienced.

But man. Reallllllly sucks not to be able to use the beauty!

2. jcobb40 macrumors newbie

Not just you, they new sim that came with my phone will not activate and still has not. Glad my 5 sim worked in the 6, these Verizon customer service people are tools. The Verizon lady had the nerve to tell me I screwed it up by putting the 5 sim into the 6 and that's why it won't activate but that was only after an hour on the phone with Verizon I got fed up.

3. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Agreed. I simply put my 5S' SIM card into my 6+. Worked like a charm