New 6s plus in gold....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric5964, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

loving this device, by far the snappiest IPhone ever. So here is my dilemma. I preordered a rose gold 6 plus, but decided that I did not want to wait until mid October. I was able to track down a 128 GB 6s plus, so I went and grabbed it at an Apple Store. I have owned one other gold phone, the 5s, and enjoyed that.

So the desire for rose is just because it is new and waaaay different. I like way different. I am a married male, but really don't care what others think. I did a search and couldn't find much discussion on guys rocking the rose gold, for which I'm surprised. What do you all think?

So should I enjoy the gold and forget it, or would I track down a rose, make the switch, then regret it. Looking for opinions. Thank you!

What a smartphone!

EricE

2. eyedoc2020 macrumors regular

Enjoy the gold and forget about it. You have a working phone in your hand, why go through the hassle but for a color change? Unless you need to broadcast to everyone you have the newest apple color on the market?

3. coachbrady79 macrumors member

i am in the same boat if you like it get it !

4. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

Return it and get a space grey. All other colours have white glass and are thus inferior.

5. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

You know yourself better than any of us. Go to an Apple Store and look at one. If you get a 'Wow!' reaction then by all means exchange. If not, stick with what you've got. Nothing beats seeing it in-person.

6. th3r3ds0x macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

I wouldn't worry about what others think that's at least one thing. If you want the pink go for it. The best things in life are pink, that's what I tell my wife

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Get what you want and don't worry about what others say.

8. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Really? I read a few today. One was in GQ and was about how everyone wants it. Another couple articles were about how so many guys want it that they should call it "bros gold".

9. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Its all about personal preference. Your money, your device - don't worry about what others think.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You don't care what other people think.

You immediately ask other people what they think.

If you like rose gold, get it. It's your phone, not anyone else's.

11. lordofthereef, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Decide what matters to you more, the phone now, or the color you want later. I went with silver last year when I wanted black because it's all I could find. I was ok with that.

Fwiw the rose gold doesn't look pink to me at all. My wife has one and some of the pics I have seen have looked many times more
    pink than in any lighting situation we were able to reproduce. She was actually a little disappointed in the lack of pink lol.

It's all preference. Like. I said, for me, having the phone today matters more. I have color preferences, but if they can't be met, just give me what you got. I couldn't go back to my six plus now anyway. Aside from the large screen everything about its performance made me unhappy. I know that now more than ever

12. dsi76 macrumors member

Agree with @lordofthereef, it doesn't look that pink at the store. So all you self-conscious guys can relax a bit :)