New 6s will not automatically backup to iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I Need a Drink, Sep 29, 2015.

1. I Need a Drink macrumors regular

I just upgraded from a 6 to a 6s and everything seems to work fine, except for my nightly backup. For the past two nights my phone has not backed up to iCloud. Obviously, my phone is connected to WiFi and plugged in. I have rebooted the phone and even done a hard reboot as well, but it is not backing up to iCloud at night. The only way to get it to backup to iCloud is to force a manual backup. My father's new 6s, that he got the same day, did not back up either (at least on Sunday night), however, I don't know if his backed up last night since I haven't called him this morning to ask. Any suggestions?

Also, I have 4GB of space left in my iCloud account so space is not a problem, and this is my father's first iPhone so I just set him up an Apple ID on Sunday, so I know that space is not an issue for him either.

2. xolan99 macrumors regular

This happened to me too. Backup to your computer just in case, then delete the backup that's stored on iCloud. It then worked for me.

3. danwestbrook macrumors regular

danwestbrook

Noticed the same on mine too, let me know if the about suggestion works for you