New 7+ did not restore from Backup....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by debsagos, Sep 17, 2016.

1. debsagos macrumors member

debsagos

Total technophobe.....

Got new iphone today, backed up old one, then set up new phone.....chose 'restore from icloud backup' option, but NONE of my old settings are on the phone.

WHY???

Can I retrospectively do another restore?

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Wouldn't it be quicker just to change the settings back yourself? Just a thought....which mine aren't worth much so...

3. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Yes. General- reset- erase all contents and settings. Then it'll run you through the phone setup again and you can do a back up again. Same thing happened to me because I updated to 10.0.1 after saying I wanted an iCloud restore and it didn't go through

4. debsagos thread starter macrumors member

debsagos

Possibly, yes.....I don't even know it I need to carry anything over. Maybe it will quite nice to start from a blank slate?

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

After you chose your backup, did it prompt you to update to 10.0.1? That's what happened to me and after installing the update it didn't finish the iCloud restore. I did a Reset All Settings again, and this time when I chose which backup to restore it completed.

6. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I restored from backup. Last time I didn't I lost my health history.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you did not do a password protected encrypted back up then you health data is toast. I use the cloud but when it come to a new iPhone I have always done this encrypted backup via iTunes and restored with it. All passwords, health data and music reinstalled and ready to go. Never a problem and all done in 10-15 minutes.

8. chrislutes macrumors newbie

chrislutes

I got my phone yesterday and after choosing to restore from a backup the phone didn't do it. So I reset the phone and it worked the second time.

9. debsagos thread starter macrumors member

debsagos

Argh, the new phone has already backed up to iCloud once, so I'm assuming if I erase and restore from iCloud again, it will just do it with the most recent backup, which has none of the data I'm after....