New 9.2 update changes the way the remote works?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by OCDMacGeek, Mar 26, 2016.

1. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I'm surprised I haven't heard any rumblings about this if it is true, but ever since the latest 9.2 update, I can't fast-forward or rewind through videos using the remote the same way I used to. I used to simply swipe back-and-forth and I could very quickly fast-forward and rewind. Now, I can't figure out exactly how I do that. It seems I have to press down into a click and then swipe, but even that seems inconsistent. Is this the way it now works? I don't see anything in the settings indicating how I can go back to the previous functioning, which worked much better in my view. Or if none of this makes any sense to you, maybe my kids broke my remote somehow.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

The update changed how scrubbing works. You need to pause the video first, then scrub to where you want, then resume playback.

3. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Nothing to "rumble" about, works much better the new way -- no more accidental scrubbing :)

4. jdag macrumors 6502a

I agree...the new way is less prone to "accident scrubbing". That being said, I am finding that scrubbing now is not quite as fluid as before. There seems to be a slight delay in the thumbnail showing the actual contents of the exact spot of the video. Anyone else notice this?

5. OCDMacGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek