New 90 day account switch limitation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by network23, Jun 7, 2011.

1. network23 macrumors 6502

network23

Apple sent me a new TOA last night. Reading it over, I saw something I did not notice before, something about being limited to switching accounts only once every 90 days.

Is this new? I know other posts have talked about it as if it were new, but does anyone know for sure if this term wasn't in the previous TOA?

This greatly concerns me. Back when I first got my iPhone, I used one account to purchase several songs and apps. At some point, I started using another account and I now have two accouts which both have purchased songs and apps on them.

It's been a pain having to switch accounts whenever apps need updating. I even called Apple a couple times to see if there was any way to move the content to one account. Apple insisted there was no way to do that.

There's no way I am buying all the songs/apps I have in one account to get them to the second, but if I don't do that, what happens? Will I even be able to USE the an account's songs/apps when I'm in the other account?

Apple really needs to allow moving songs/apps from one account to another so long as you can verify you are the owner of both accounts.

Am I the only one in this situation?

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I think they should do a one time transfer, but I fully support their thought process of trying to mandate things stay within the account to force people to use only one account.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

Having read the sections in question regarding the one Account per 90 days section, it deals with the Associated Device pertaining to the Automatic Delivery. It does not limit you as a whole to one account per device every 90 days.

4. network23 thread starter macrumors 6502

network23

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the 90 day limit applies to changing the account to which you have set up automatic sync?

So, we will still be able to switch accounts at will. What we can't do is change the account on the device which has automatic sync, or we run into the 90 day limitation.

So then, is iCloud limited to one account per device? Let's say I have two accounts. Can I set up iCloud on both of them? But then I'll have to select one for the device?

I sure hope that doesn't include computers! If a family shares a computer, each user account could easily have more than 1 iCloud account.

This is very confusing.

I guess if I'm understanding it right, it's not as limiting as I first thought, but it sure raised more questions.