New account (in OS X)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Paul.Butt, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Paul.Butt, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014

Paul.Butt Suspended

Paul.Butt

If I make a second Administrator account on my MacBook Pro can I put another ipc platform on it? And if so do I need to portion the hard drive and how do I go about partitioning Macintosh HD please

2. simsaladimbamba

If you create another user account via System Preferences > Users & Groups, you do not need to partition the Macintosh HD.
    As for being able to run another instance of an IPC platform, I do not know.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

Example: Is it possible to run another (IPC platform name) in another user account?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its easy to add an account, go to system preferences-> Users & Groups, make sure the little padlock is open. Click on the +1
    [​IMG]

Add the name and credentials and type and you're off.

As for partitioning the drive, unless you have too, I'd not go that route, especially if its just for the other account, your adding a level of complexity that might not be needed.