new ACD's... or the end of them?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gonnabuyamac, Feb 1, 2008.

1. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

I was in the Apple Store in Grand Rapids today because my computer needs a repair. I was looking around (spent a good amount of time being amazed at how thin the MacBook air is - almost bought one - but then coming to my senses. It looks so good that it almost makes you forget what it lacks.) but then I noticed that they only had 3 ACD's out, which they were using with a Mac Mini and a Mac Pro. They used to have quite a few more displayed, so that caught my attention. Then I started looking harder and I realized there were no signs or anything that mentioned the ACD. No prices. Nothing.

I find that a little strange. I should have asked one of the employees, but I was in a hurry (that's the closest store to me, and it's 2 hours away)

Anyhow, it has me wondering. Are they coming out with new ones, or just phasing them out altogether? They haven't given them any attention for a long time. I want a new monitor, and I've been waiting patiently for them to release new ACDs. I don't know how much longer I can hold out though.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The ACD's don't get signs of their own... if you look closely at the sign for a Mac Pro or a Mac mini, you will see the ACD's size and price listed there. They're not being phased out, but at this point those are the only two models of Mac that require a separate display, so they don't get a whole lot of retail emphasis.

3. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

nope. i looked on the mac pro and mac mini signs. i didn't see anything about the acd's.

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

all the prices for the displays are on the same acrylic card the MacPro stat sheet/price is, depending on which ACD is hooked up to which system, it will show the price.