New ACDs with price drop?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by badlydrawnboy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

IF Apple releases new ACDs at MWSF, is it likely that there will also be a price drop? What has happened historically in this regard. i.e. say they update the 23" to a 24"; is it likely to sell for less than the current 23" is selling for?

Reason I ask is that I need a new display, but only have about $750 to spend. Refurbed 23s are available for that price, but I'm not sure whether I should wait another week and find out if a 24" is released.

2. kolax macrumors G3

I hope they bring out two types of ACD's - one for the professional and one for the consumer.

3. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

If Apple continues to build displays for professionals, as they do now, using S-IPS panels, you will not see much, if any, price drop for new displays.

Hard as this is for most of us to swallow, Apple's displays are well priced for the technology.

I just purchased 5 displays in December 2007 for my studio, A 30" HP LP3065, An ACD 23", An ACD 20", A Dell 24" and an HP 24".

Certainly Apple lacks features in some areas such as wide Gamut, etc, but overall, their build quality and color fidelity for SWOP matching is superior to others in their price range.

Don't expect price drops unless Apple matches competitors and uses lower quality consumer panels.