Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mojopixel, Jan 25, 2008.
When do you guys reckon Apple will update the ACDs?
Many people seem to think that it could happen in the fourth quarter of this calendar year, or at WWDC which takes place in early/mid June.
Is this speculation? Certainly. They're brilliant as is. What is it that's making you want to wait for an updated version? Just out of curiosity.
The reason I'm waiting for an update is simply due to the price. They are very over priced at the moment in comparison to similar displays.
Good luck with that one...
Either WWDC, or when nehalem mac pros are released late this year or early next year. You might want to consider the Dell 3007 HC. Can be had new on ebay for 950 and is a better screen, just not as pretty. You can then sell it when the new Apples come out for not too big of a loss.
I've already got a HP 22" screen which I'm happy to use until the new ACD's come out...just not sure I can wait til this time next year
even if they come out with a new one, the price will most likely be the same. what's it to you then?
Haha, wow. I'm surprised that that thought didn't even cross my mind last night. That's a big reason to wait, and we can definitely hope that there is a drop. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Do you think so? I just can't believe they are so expensive
Can't decide if this is sarcasm
do you think apple has to try to compete with other vendors?
Personally, with their displays... YES! The displays aren't dependant on anything where as the Mac Pro's etc are dependant on the OS. Do you think as many people would buy a Mac Pro if you get buy a legitimate computer from elsewhere with OSX on? Probably not!
Whereas in terms of displays, Apple have to compete with people such as Eizo, Formac, Samsung, and Dell (a popular suggestion on these forums).
I'm looking to get a MacPro soon and I need a decent screen and I was just wondering when then ACDs will be released, that way I can decide whether to get a ACD now, wait a little while or get some other monitor...that's all
I've decided to go down the 2nd hand route. This way, if new ones come out, it won't be like I've just spend £600 on them.
oh yeah, where are you going to get your secong hand monitor ACD from?
I will be looking on eBay for them. I can get a 23" for around the same price as a new 20"