Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2003
I swear I just saw an ad on the forums for a $250 starbucks giftcard (one of those freeipod.com promotions/scams). Jesus, how much starbucks could a guy possibly consume?

Oh wait, that'll be enough to buy you what, 10 coffees from starbucks. My bad

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
killuminati said:
So basically, in Vancouver that would provide one person with a days worth of coffee :p
If that's true, then at least they are using that stuff for it's best use -- cleaning the south end of their body. ;)

However, adzoox is at least spouting off in the right direction on these ads...
jackwhispers.blogspot.com

If you haven't noticed ... the right hand side bar has started to fill with ads. One of the decisions I have made with this site is to only promote things I believe in, even if it doesn't mean any money. Many Mac websites promote Google ADsense ads that link to very questionable sites, like free iPod scam sites and email harvesting sites that promise $300 for taking an Apple survey.

Some of the sites that are linked in Google ads contain popup and viral/spyware/adware content. It's an easy quick way to make money for a site, but I have taken the high road. I hope you appreciate that.
If somebody else comes up with ads that don't contain a bunch of this crap, people may run away from Google ADsense.

Edit: Unless you have a better idea on how to cover the revenue from Google ads... but it's still a lot less ads than some of the sites that have went insane with ads like MacOSRumors.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
You could always buy some of the other stuff Starbucks sells. They have some really cool looking coffee pots and expresso machines. Or maybe a ton of mugs and thermoses (no clue what the plural of thermos is...anyone??)

Brian0523

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2005
This is B.S.

Yeah I clicked on that ad, and it's not a scam, but it's nearly impossible to collect on the $200 Starbucks card. First they make you sign up for 4 subscriptions to things like credit card offers, and then you have email this offer to 5 friends, and they must complete the 4 subscriptions before you can get your $200 Starbucks card.

Thanks but no thanks....It's BS if you ask me.

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
rtdgoldfish said:
You could always buy some of the other stuff Starbucks sells. They have some really cool looking coffee pots and expresso machines. Or maybe a ton of mugs and thermoses (no clue what the plural of thermos is...anyone??)

Thermosae. Just kidding. I'm like 96.9% sure it's thermoses.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Apple's spellchecker accepts thermoses, and doesn't accept thermosae. Shouldn't it be thermosæ anyway? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.