New ADC Membership Agreement

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Planner Dude, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

I logged into my Student ADC account in order to investigate why I have not received monthly mailings. Upon entry my page, apple wanted me to update my profile information and sign a new membership agreement (dated Oct. 16th).

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, have they compared the two agreements? I am paranoid that there is something in there about signing off my rights to a free copy of leopard! Any insights, you could bring would be splendid.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'm guessing your membership was getting close to renewal time or was recently renewed.

Apple does this every time.It's SOP

3. Planner Dude thread starter macrumors 6502

the weird thing is I became a member for the first time in July 07. I am nowhere near renewal time! If it was the same agreement I would have no problem signing it, but it was updated last week, just in time for leopard....it has my suspicions raised.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

5. Planner Dude thread starter macrumors 6502

I've read parts of it but haven't had the time to sit down and read the whole thing comparing it to the original. So far I don't see anything blatantly obvious, just that they desrve the right to change or discontinue the program with or without notice.

I figured that a forum like mac rumors, with its thousands of posters might have done the analysis already.

6. rob5 macrumors regular

There's no promise of a free Leopard in the original agreement to begin with.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There is for Select and Premier members. I'm not sure about student membership.

8. ASTRX macrumors newbie

I have not yet purchased my ADC student membership because ADC haven't yet officially announced whether leopard will be included or not.
    But when i logged in to my online membership account, I experienced the same thing as you did. Hopefully its just a small revision of the agreement.
    I didnt bother to read it.

9. weaverra macrumors regular

Wouldn't matter if you agreed to the new terms or not if they change the agreement then that's the way its gonna be.

10. powz macrumors regular

I got the same thing, and I didn't read the agreement either :eek:

Hopefully someone did and can tell us what we agreed to.....