New AddFone.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HairyPotter, Jul 21, 2008.

1. HairyPotter macrumors regular

Hi guys, I would like to announce that I've made huge changes to AddFone.com (the directory with the largest list of iPhone/iPod Touch apps).

The main changes were:
    1) now AddFone.com is on a much faster server, at least 10 times more than the old one.
    2) I have tweaked the interface to allow showing more information about each app, instead of just sending the user to the app page.
    3) Now, by request of thousand of users, I have placed a link at the end of the main page, that will show the entire list of applications in a blog style, i.e., the most recent first!

Check it out!
    http://www.addfone.com

any suggestions for new features or improvement are welcome. :)

thanks

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

OWWW MY EYES!

Really, needs a better design in my opinion.

3. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Doesn't the App Store have the largest list of apps?

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I am going to be honest. Given the way the App Store is setup, I don't understand all these sites offering reviews and listings of apps in the appstore.

I know how to check and see what apps are new in the appstore. I don't need a third party site to tell me what the apps are. Especially since I would just have to go to the App store to get them.

It would be like someone making a site listing everything Amazon has for sale. Why would I go there instead of Amazon? Where is the added value?

There is potential room for a full-fledged social network rating system but it would have to be fairly involved to make it useful. Beyond that though, I can't see any reason to go to a third party site to look up app store applications.

6. higgalls macrumors regular

Yeah im all for everyone using iTunes to rate the applications and give reviews so that they can help everyone.

7. HairyPotter thread starter macrumors regular

The Apple store just shows you native applications, I mean, software you should download and install on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Sites like AddFone.com shows all applications designed for the iPhone, including sites that are made for or related to iPhone. AddFone.com was launched before Apple Store, before the majority of directories around and even before the launch of the first iPhone....

8. HairyPotter thread starter macrumors regular

The Apple store just shows you native applications, I mean, software you should download and install on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Sites like AddFone.com shows all applications designed for the iPhone, including sites that are made for or related to iPhone.

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Your just being greedy when you have an ad that takes up half of the website. (Seriously)

10. higgalls macrumors regular

Yeah I noticed that too and thought it was pretty bad :S