New Adium User!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Andrew D., May 10, 2007.

1. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

I previously posted this on the Mac Basics section but I don't think I asked that question in the right area.. so I'll post it here instead.

When using Adium, is there a way to move current contacts in one group into another by either dragging and dropping.. because I tried that and it just drags the whole window itself? Help please! I'm a newbie!

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Cmd+click and drag. :)

3. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a bunch! Worked like a charm.. still gotta get used to this, haha.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I believe this can be changed (somewhere) in Adium's preferences to be the other way around though: where dragging moves contacts, and Cmd+drag moves the window. Not sure where off the top of my head though.

5. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I got another question! When I'm chatting sometimes there is like a spellcheck red underline that happens to words like "whats" or "lmao".. is there a way to turn that off or is it not part of Adium? Thanks again!

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

First: learn to type. "What's" has an apostrophe in it. As for spell checking, no, don't turn it off. Turning off spell-checking is just another insult to the already rapidly declining quality of English online. >_>

Heathens.

But, if you want to keep killing your language, I believe the option for spell-checking is in the Edit menu somewhere.

7. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, thanks I was just curious.. I mean can't you tell I do type semi-well already.. I guess when I'm chatting I like to kick back a bit and just mess around. But if you really know me, I'm a pretty "neat" guy and I like my sentences completed or what not.. wait, maybe I will start typing like that on chat programs too. Thanks nonetheless killmoms!

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you don't really heavily abuse the English language, I'd recommend just adding frequent IM expressions to the dictionary (right click the word and select Learn). Then, LMAO, ROFL, etc, would be fine. If you're one of *those* people (sounds like you're not!), then I'd turn it off! :p