New administrator: xUKHCx

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Doctor Q, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Effective today, forum member xUKHCx, who joined MacRumors in January 2006 and lives near London, has become a site administrator.

He's spent his time at MacRumors making friends, sharing his knowledge, helping other forum users, and serving as a moderator. He will now help us with site administration as well.

Please join us in welcoming our new administrator and thanking xUKHCx for accepting this new responsibility!

You can find the list of administrators and moderators on the Show Groups page. You can contact any of them using the [​IMG] buttons.

For administrative issues (advertising inquiries, problems with the forum system, and concerns about moderation of your posts), use our Contact Us form. If you have general questions or comments suitable for discussion among forum members, use the Site and Forum Feedback forum.

Our goal is to make MacRumors as useful and enjoyable as possible for all forum members and site visitors. We thank you for your participation!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Glad to hear it, I was surprised xUKHCx didn't make it into the big batch of admins a few months ago.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We added moderators just over a year ago, and xUKHCx was already a moderator at that time...he's been on the mod team since December 2007.

Before today, I was the most recent addition to the admin group, and that was also in December 2007.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Bit unexpected, but definitely most thoroughly deserved... this is a good move for the site and all concerned. I know some may have had problems with xUKHCx in the past, but the period in which we worked together, he showed nothing less than integrity and commitment... and retaining balance, a rationed patience for timewasters, attention-seekers and fools.

5. celticpride678

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Yeay for xUKHCx

*bows down and kisses bottom of robes.

7. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

oooh well done (I guess somebody had to be the new brownnose....) (jk pls dont ban/spank/shout-at me)

:) congrats x

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Nice to hear an account from behind the curtain so to speak
    I have always appreciated his work and see this as a positive move

Congrats Rich!

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thanks for letting us know, Doctor Q! ;) Congratulations, xUKHCx!

10. Jethrotoe macrumors regular

I don't know you because I'm new here but that doesn't mean I can't congratulate you. Sounds like you earned it.

Congratualtions xUKHCx. :D

11. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I will always stand by those who did OK by me — from my perspective, we had a laugh when working together — and I don't have much to keep quiet about any more, nor the slightest reason to suck up to anyone. Pulling punches and keeping my mouth shut doesn't mean that what I publicly have to say has any larger value either.

Anyway, this is a good thing and the more I think about it, the better it gets. I know there are those who would disagree, but if they saw what I've seen over a couple of years, then they'd change their tune. What people see here on these forums is the tip of an iceberg... his will be a valuable, grounded voice in the admin group, and just as importantly, this will free up time and resources for Doctor Q and WildCowboy, individuals who I have a great deal of time and respect for.

12. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Sorry, mixed my words up, but what you said is what I meant, was it really a year ago new mods were added? Time flies huh.

13. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

We've been lovingly taken care of since May 2009 or so.

14. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Oh really? Crazy, I thought it was so much closer, fair enough though. Just glad to see xUKHCx get some recognition.

15. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Congrats! As the new guy, does he have to keep cranking the servers to keep it working? ;)

16. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...*very* good choice and I think the job as admin will be as well done as the job as Mod....oh yeah!

17. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Congrats! I've always found him to be very responsive, helpful and kind :) BTW, what exactly is the difference between mod and admin in terms of what they do? Admins do more backroom work?

18. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Thanks all :eek::).

The difference is basically background stuff that general members rarely see.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

20. tooz macrumors 6502

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

22. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

= more work, same pay. :eek: Congratulations Rich!

I guess stuff like this can look good on a resume, huh? Hmmm. :p

23. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Congratulations xUKHCx.

I hope your time as administrator is a rewarding one.

24. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan