New Adobe Flash Lite for cell phones!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Speedracer04, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Lets just hope it makes it to the iPhone sometime soon!

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Lets just hope this makes its way in to the iPhone!

3. GTiPhone macrumors regular

This is a VERY good indication of a "flash lite" plug in for iPhone Safari...

Why is it a good indication? Cause I said so...:D

No seriously, it is a good indication because the iPhone is THE device to benefit from such a development. Other devices will certainly benefit, but this is a huge hole in iPhone Safari.

Also, Steve Jobs has always indicated that he had very little knowledge of whether or not there would ever be Flash on the iPhone......this is because he has no control over it. If Adobe develops something that can be used (like Flash Lite for example) then the answer could be yes. Otherwise, the answer is likely no.

4. tsvb macrumors 6502

It would be pretty neat if we got flash on the iPhone. After all it is supposed to be "the real internet" right?

5. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

yeah, why won't homestarrunner.com work on my iPhone. i'm pissed, i should sue for $1mil

[/sarcasm]

6. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

haha homestarrunner.com i completely forgot about that site. Strongbad emails are the best.

7. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Yah I posted about this yesterday as yet another valid reason why there is no flash support yet on the iphone.

And yet there are still people that will post apple is doing this because:

a) they are evil.
    b) they are mean and evil.
    c) there is no profit to be had by adding flash so they aren't.

Flash will get here (unfortunately. i hate it.) but seeing as how apple had to pull programmers from Leopard to finish the iPhone I would say they are a WEEEEEE bit busy about now.

8. GTiPhone macrumors regular

If you believe that this bold point is NOT currently a big part of Apple's present agenda, then you are lying to yourself.

I don't mean specifically about Flash, I mean everything in general. Why do you think this same point is being made in almost every single thread related to the iPhone, iMac, and most other new products/services?

If it walks like Greed, talks like Greed, smells like Greed....its probably Greed. Apple has taken a different stance for 2007-08.

This is their current equation. Those of us who are not nausiating fan boys can see this quite clearly:

Effort + Apple = $$$$

If in any way a project or plan does not 100% conform to that above formula, then it does not happen. Period.

9. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Anybody knows Apple is in it to make a profit. PERIOD. Not to be your friend, not to hold your hand but to be a company that makes money.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

1) Flash Lite has been out for other phones for a long time. The big news now is that Flash Lite v3 will also display FLV videos, and is Flash 8 compatible.

2) Flash (full) has been out for other phones for a long time. I have both Flash 7 and Flash Lite v2 on my WM phones, for example. I use Flash Lite for running iPhone-like UIs, and play YouTube video with the full version inside of a customized IE with finger-tip scrolling (PIE+ as some of you know).

3) Adobe cannot create a Flash version for the iPhone without an SDK and full cooperation from Apple. Adobe is not magically going to do a version on its own.

4) Someone started a port of the free gnash Flash player... dunno what's happened to it, though:

iPhone GNASH demo

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

On the contrary, he's the main person with control over whether Flash is ported to the iPhone or not. I'm sure Adobe would be glad to do it. They even hosted the first iPhone Web UI conventions.