New Adobe Flash update doesn't work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RestUnknown, Apr 14, 2014.

1. RestUnknown macrumors regular

Hi all

I've updated the Flash Player with the new update which was prompted by Adobe. But since the update I can't watch videos on YouTube anymore, it always says it's broken/crashed. Other browsers don't work either.

If I completely remove Flash with the uninstaller and reinstall, it doesn't work either.

What is the problem?

Thanks!

2. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Flash 13 is not working right for OS X. There trying to fixed it ASAP. But for now just remove flash and uninstall flash then reinstall Flash 12

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1447282?tstart=0

3. emio macrumors member

The Update is here. :)

4. n8mac macrumors 6502

I updated to flash 13.0.0.206 and it works but is unstable when I play online games using flash. Works for maybe 10-15 minutes but then randomly quits the game, the safari page turns white and says "plug-in failure". Using 10.9.2 on my iMac.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Steve Jobs dropped Flash for a reason--several reasons, actually. You are looking for stability in Flash that does not exist in the technology. Understand that the game was coded to a particular version of Flash. You are running a newer version that includes vital security updates. If you are getting 10-15 of game play before, before a crash, then that may be as good as it gets.

6. n8mac macrumors 6502

I agree with you. Flash is horrible and I am not sure why this site uses it as I see others having problems too. They used to use Java and that was stable. I might go back to v12 because that was more stable, unless that would pose too much of a security risk :confused: