Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itogator

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Hello to all. I just got the new AEBS and I set up a new network connecting my Macbook 2.4 running os 10.5.6. I am trying to share the printer with my pc. All the instructions say its real easy and all I have to do is install Bonjour for Windows located on the Airport Utility CD. I can't find that software anywhere. I installed airport utility on the pc but I can't figure out how to share this printer. Can anyone help?

Also, there now seems to be a clock counting time next to the airport symbol on the top of my screen. What is that all about?

Thanks in advance.

Itogator

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
So you can't find Bonjour? That's the problem? Try just downloading it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am new to this sharing stuff so please be patient with me. I downloaded and installed bonjour from the apple site. I cant figure out how to launch it. There is nothing in the file folder that launches the application. Where do I go from here?

Thanks

Itogator

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
You're running Windows right now?

Yes, on the PC. Thats where I am having trouble printing from.
Actually, I tested a print job on my macbook and it won't print there either. It says the printer is offline. I checked the connections and they are good. I'm really confused now...

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
In that case, forget about trying to share the printer until you have it working locally first.

First things first, is the printer on? And has it ever worked?

Itogator

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Printer is on and it has always worked fine. I have it directly connected to the USB on the back of the AEBS. It is recognized by the AEBS.

Itogator

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
One other thing, when I open up print utility on my MacBook is says that the "printer is ready". When I try to print, the message says "printer is off line".

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Itogator

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
It works if I connect it directly. I need it to work through the AEBS. Thats one of the main reasons I chose the AEBS.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.