new agent 18 case one of the best Ive ever seen

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dccorona, Jul 4, 2009.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

2. krick macrumors regular

So you've seen it in person? If so, where? I didn't think they were available yet.

From the pics, it looks very similar to the SGP Ultra Thin and Incipio Feather.

3. SuperKat macrumors regular

$$$

Geez, $35 for that! This is getting silly.

4. slapppy macrumors 65816

5. V4705 macrumors 6502

lol, there's at least five cases exactly like that on a half of the price.

6. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

there infamous 1st gen slider was remade for the 3Gs

should be out in a few weeks

can't wait to my apple store gets them :D

7. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

no I havnt, just saw an ad for agent 18 and remembered that I hadnt looked at what they have to offer in a while, and saw that on the website...and it amazed me. Until I saw the price haha

but yea seems like those would be the competition for it

theres 5 very similar cases, but imo they dont look as nice as that, it has the coverage in all the right spots

the only barrier is the price...i highly doubt its worth 35 bucks

8. tboooe macrumors regular

I agree that this case is way over priced. I pre-ordered it when they offered a 50% discount. I looks better than the previously mentioned competitors because it protects more of the bezel while still a bit of it, which I like.

9. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

In terms of protection, it's weak... My invisible shield can do better in terms of protection and elegance.

10. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

i dont like how they look on the corners (invisible shields)
    but thats just me

11. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Looks nice. Like a combo of snap on and Incipio Feather.

I agree, though, that way too expensive. I have many nice snap-ons I got on Ebay for $4. They come from China and take 2 weeks to arrive, but very inexpensive.

Get it if you have $35 to spend.

12. lavinci macrumors 6502

I'll stick to my BSE or the Ecoshield Slider.

13. rgt168 macrumors newbie

The new one is pretty nice. I hate to admit that I paid the $34 plus shipping for it but I really like it. It is a blend of the incase slider and incipio feather as someone else mentioned above. It shows some of the chrome edges and feels pretty good in the hand. The fit is excellent with the sleep and volume buttons covered. I have not removed it to see if any dust was underneath yet. By exposing some of the chrome it is not as critical that the screen protector be perfectly aligned. I had an agent 18 on the 2G and was pretty happy with that one too.

14. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

Only thing I don't like about it is the Agent 18 branding sticking out like a sore thumb..I hate cases w/ logos/branding like that on them But that's just me being very nitpicky

15. bbydon macrumors 6502a

You can trade in your old case for 50% off.
    Which is nice.... I'm waiting on mine right now.

16. imacdane macrumors newbie

Yeah $35 is a bit much. I got the Eco Slider. Luckily I pre ordered mine so I got it half-off, plus I get another half-off of that through their case trade in thing. So far I really like the case.

17. emailYasmin macrumors member

emailYasmin

18. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I just received this case today. LOVE IT!!!
    I was growing tired of the slider.

Well the agent 18 is the closest that I have found to going naked. It snaps on, and you can still see the iPhone-chrome.

This case makes the SLIDER look BULKY!!

As far as protection-- well if you drop it, it won't protect against denting... but But it will protect against scratches if you're like me and carry it in your purse...

19. kereme macrumors newbie

I bought this one and took it back because it didn't really protect my phone like I thought it would. It fit nice but left my screen exposed. You are right about the price, i think they keep going up on prices of cases month after month.

I did find one that I am happy with called VOi! Case at www.4voi.com
    The fit is perfect, doesn't bulk up my phone and it has a ring that snaps on to protect the glass face (plus you can still see the chrome bezel on the iphone) It cost me $25 and came in about 3 days.

It has a hand strap on it too, that makes it more secure when I am taking video, pics or playing my games.

20. AGIPSY macrumors regular

yeah I think this new slim shield looks great too. I love the black one. I'm debating purchasing it... but I think I'll wait for some more reviews to come out on it.