New AHD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tech198, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

With the upgrade to Yosemite, i downgraded back to Mavericks shortly after due to problems, however the boot EFI remains for few seconds on boot in (in my case black screen, then switches to the grey one) not a huge issue, but i wished Apple reverted when user decides to downgrade.

This also means that you are now also using the modified AHD (personally i hate it, because there is no separate "Extended test" option, plus its not clear on the language screen what u need to do")

Maybe Apple did this, because the basic test now does it ? I dunno, and while i cannot confirm this with the old AHT before updating to 10.10, i now find when i run tests i get a "Battery may have issues"

Despite this OS X (Mavericks) runs just fine...... Apple tells me its could be either the megasafe port, or the adapter... however if it was anything Macbook related it would show up in other areas when using the OS as a possible "Led not lit" problem i would guess.

Is this safe to assume and just get a replacement charger?

Since running OS X normally Battery is "normal condition" and lasting around 7 hours

2. sarthak macrumors 6502

AHD makes things easier for users to self-diagnose their system.

Anything more than that, use ASD to perform full testing. Although it's not distributed, it can be found everywhere on the net.

3. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4