New Air, Old iMac, No Lion on App store

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by m0nkeyb0y, Aug 26, 2011.

1. m0nkeyb0y macrumors member

m0nkeyb0y

Just bought an Air, and iLife shows up in the App store as purchased, but Lion doesn't.
    I've searched the forums and elsewhere, but point me in the right direction. Haven't I purchased Lion? Can't I get it for free from the App store for my mid-2010 iMac?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you purchased a new MBA, then it doesn't show Lion as purchased. You haven't purchased lion anyway. If you want Lion for your mid-2010 iMac you have to buy it from the app store.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

It doesn't work that way. You new MacBook Air came pre-installed with Lion. It's not available for you to download for free from the App store and it also does not give you the right to download and install it on another Mac. If you need to re-install it on the MacBook Air then you have to use the internet recovery option. If you want to install it on your iMac you will need to purchase it from the Mac App store.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

So weird that people don't get this.....just been spoiled by getting a disc with old macs that you could install on new macs. Go buy a windows laptop and try to install the OS on another computer...you can't because all windows laptops come with the OS installed....and thats it! If you need to reinstall they sometimes have a recover partition, but most of the time you are SOL.

Lion is $30! Pay for it, and upgrade your iMac.