Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmbauer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2016
So I have been buying and selling Airpods for awhile. Made enough to finally keep a pair. I was never really sold on them because the Earpods do not stay in my ears without EarHoox and didnt think running or working out and picking things up off the ground sounded like much fun at all.

SO yesterday I snagged a few pairs and thought I would finally open one and try it out. I had some foam covers and threw them on and they fit like a glove in my ear. They feel awesome. I have not put holes in the foam yet for the sensors but will do that tonight. I ran around my house and left my phone in the lowest level, never lost sound at all. Controlled everything through my apple watch while doing laundry etc. Totally digging these things so far.

Got crazy and decided to try a workout with the foam on and alot of jumping around and moving up and down and unfortunately they do fall out. HOWEVER, I just grabbed my earhoox from my earpods and BOOYA no more falling out. SOLD AND NOW I AM A BELIEVER

Now how am I going to carry around foam and earhoox? What a pain in the ass, then I remember I had this old zipper pouch from some Ludacris SOUL earbuds that has a little mesh pocket to hold them. Here is a couple pics, just added a couple Apple Stickers! haha

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

Now of course I have a question about how they work

Lets say I am sitting at my desk at work. I have a dell laptop with bluetooth and I am listening to youtube or something and I get a phone call on my Iphone 6s+ can I swap to my phone to take the call and use the Airpods?

Last edited:
Reactions: rodetrip

rodetrip

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
Just got mine yesterday as well after waiting months for them! thank god for that huge US shipment yesterday! I am loving them soo far! they fit perfect in my ears and the sound is really decent. Havent experienced any issues yet..

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
...I have been buying and selling Airpods for awhile.

Blah, blah, blah...

Scalpers suck, IMO.
[doublepost=1486660777][/doublepost]
Just got mine yesterday as well after waiting months for them! thank god for that huge US shipment yesterday! I am loving them soo far! they fit perfect in my ears and the sound is really decent. Havent experienced any issues yet..

Well, we know now why you had to wait for months.

cmbauer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2016
Wanna know what doesnt suck is that sweet little case I have the case in. A case for a case WHOA

cmbauer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2016
I know your serious. Its all good. Its a case its sitting in my backpack not on public display LOL!

Gav.Winters

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
Not in favour of the scalping but I am impressed that you managed to own numerous pairs and managed not to try any of them.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I just got mine today thanks is instock. I notice if I take one out and put it in my pocket when I need to hear someone after a little bit the other would start playing my book again. anyone else have this?

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
OP's first sentence was a mistake to post on macrumors. I read your first sentence and went straight to the comments. I've been loving my airpods since I got them on launch day.

Swisspo

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Ohio
I have had mine since release day, and I was sold on them as soon as I saw how easy it was to connect them to my iPhone and other  devices.. This was all before I even heard the sound quality or if they even stayed in my ears.. I have to say though, they have yet to fall out of my ears, or even come close.. This is even with me trying my hardest to jar them loose even a little bit.. Huge improvements over the normal EarPods in my opinion. The sound quality is really good as well.. Now granted my Beats Solos blow them away but for what these are, I have zero complaints on sound quality.. Also I think we are paying that premium price for the W1 chip and it's capabilities. I do wish they would have expanded on that though a little bit.. Skipping tracks, volume adjustments, etc.. I would imagine all of this can be done based on however many taps on one of the AirPods.. I'd imagine that will be a Gen 2 feature. All in all though, they are well worth the cost of admission. I love them and use them everyday.

Reactions: cmbauer

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
It absolutely pisses me off to see tools with multiple packages selling them on eBay. Apple needs to put a stop to that crap. One purchase per person, especially when they launch products like they have lately...several units a month!

Reactions: Peter K.

Swisspo

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Ohio
I use mine everyday, and have so since release day. It's been a while since I've fallen in love immediately with a newly purchased  product, but these are that product for sure. They go with me everywhere I go. I can't recommend them enough.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
They are worth every penny indeed. They are just so easy to use. They pair so easily with all my devices and the charging case makes it easy as I only need to charge it once a week and my airpods always have a charge. Being completely wireless feels so good. They are incredibly comfortable. As I also have an Apple Watch the lack of controls isn't an issue at all.

The range is amazing I can leave my phone upstairs and still be connected downstairs.

The only thing I'd change is adding the ability to use both Siri and play/pause with tapping guestures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.