New Airport Express Flashes Once .... and Nothing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ashley, Sep 3, 2007.

1. ashley macrumors member

Pretty basic -

I ordered a refurb Airport Express. I followed directions, plugging in the (already plugged in) modem to the Airport via an ethernet cable, then plugged the AE into the wall. It flashes green once and then ... nothing.

I let it sit in the outlet for a while, thinking it would take a minute, but it didn't. I pushed the reset button for 30 seconds, still nothing. I tried a different outlet, a different ethernet cord, etc.

Did I just get a lemon?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

2. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

I got an express (new) recently. Yeah, the booklet describes a sequence of lights and when its done and all is well it should be a steady green.
    It did take a bit of time to happen...maybe a minute or so..maybe two, to finish. Try again from scratch and wait at least a few minutes minimum.

Did you get a booklet? It has some troubleshooting tips in the back. For example, if you're connected to a modem you may need to reset that (turning it off then on again)

Maybe try reseting the express and unplugging it. Turn your modem off, wait a few seconds then turn it back on and wait till it finds its connection to the internet, them plug the express back in and see what happens.