New Airport Time Capsule 2TB: Cant access drive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JoeFkling, Oct 27, 2014.

1. JoeFkling macrumors regular

I had a 2tb time capsule that I thought was dying so I purchased a new one but with the same issue.

Network is simple:
    Fios Router - no wifi wired to Time Capsule WAN Port.
    Time Capsule in bridge mode wired to iMac.
    There is a wifi on the TC.

I know I used to be able to access the HDD on the old time capsule and store things as well as use it as my Time Machine back up. As of now I can see the HDD in the shared listings but I cannot access the drive. I then get a few different errors. It does say it is connected and there is a folder. I cannot access the folder and it says sharepoint but no created/modified info and I cannot access it. When I attempt to access I get this following:

The Operation can't be completed because the origitnal item for "disc name" can't be found.

I am certain that there is something I am doing wrong but I cant figure out what. Any thoughts from anyone?

2. JoeFkling thread starter macrumors regular

I reset the TM again this morning and the problem still remains. I also pulled it off of the router and went direct wiring to the iMac and the problem still remains. I pulled off the wired and went straight wirelss and the problem still remains. It has to do with my network or sharing settings but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Any help out there?

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Try setting the Time Capsule to "Accounts" for disk sharing and re-test. I wonder if the drive died.

4. JoeFkling thread starter macrumors regular

I will give that a shot tonight. I am not suspecting a drive death as the same problem is happening on the old TC as well as the brand new TC. There is a chance I got a bad unit, but it does show the 2TB drive, I just cant access it as a regular network drive or as a time machine drive.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Report back when you give it a shot.

6. JoeFkling thread starter macrumors regular

ok, that did not work. Attached is what I am seeing as far as a directory. Ignore the older TC as it is not plugged in.

Attached Files:

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

When using the accounts setting, a folder with your account name will be created. Is this directory accessible at all? Is this issue only showing on the Yosemite machine you are testing with?

8. JoeFkling thread starter macrumors regular

Well Ill be damned. It works fine on my 2008 blackbook running 10.7.5.

Now.....is this a known issue?

----------

I did find this page

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18850?viewlocale=en_US

but the link for "Apple Support article: AirPort Time Capsule: Time Machine backups may not mount; “Backup volume cannot be found” may appear" is invalid.

9. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Not that I know of but all the posts I have read have come from Yosemite users!