New AirPortExpress Fix Wi-Fi Issues?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by IzzyJG99, Dec 21, 2011.

1. IzzyJG99 macrumors 6502

I've downgraded to 10.6.8 after continued Wi-Fi dropping (same story, different day. Etc, etc) from day one 10.7.0 to 10.7.2. My question is do you think if I bought a new Airport Express it would fix the dropping? The Express I am using is one of the original versions dating back to around 6 years old now.

Thoughts?

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I'm not quite sure what to think, as I too have experienced less than consistent & reliable WiFi performance in a variety of public HotSpots, as well as at home & work. I travel a predictable route and always use the same eight or ten locations.

When using my new 13" 2011 Lion equipped MBA, the problems persist.

When using either my 15" or 17" 2010 Snow Leopard equipped MBP's they perform flawlessly.

Perhaps the next rev of Lion that Apple is working on, will resolve this problem.

3. IzzyJG99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured that getting a new Airport wouldn't fix it, but I thought I would ask here. I'm quite annoyed that for the past 6 months I have been unable to use something I paid for. Granted I could have gotten a refund if I wanted. I would just frankly feel less annoyed if Apple would release some kind of statement and at least tell people they're going to fix this issue.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

my newer AE's make no difference, am also having problems (and this is being reported everywhere online).

10.7.2 is a problem with this, but it's not everyone:
    am on a late-2011 13", but...my GF has a late-2008 13", she's ALSO on 10.7.2,
    and she's NOT having connection issues.

so...something is up, and i hope we see a fix from apple soon.

5. IzzyJG99 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what baffles me. It's such a weird array of machines affected....and they seem to be the newer models.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I agree. As a very long time Apple customer, it's their silence at times like this that I find a very poor decision on their part.

Yet they continue to hide, and their followers make excuses for them. With people like that it only makes it easier for Apple to ignore us. It's rather bizarre, but it's typical of cult like groups.

The ones that behave this way strike out in anger when the topic is raised, yet it's well known that Apples defenders are eager to stand up for Apple no matter how wrong Apple is. The level of denial is just mind boggling.

I really like Apple products when they work as they should. I wouldn't even mind, when a problem arises, if only Apple would handle it in a more responsible way. Nothing is perfect.

Apple has a wonderful opportunity to show they care and they could keep an open line of communication. But instead they usually go underground leaving the customer wondering.