New Airports?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Architect4122, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Architect4122 macrumors regular

I haven't kept up with networking for a while (specifically Apple's solutions), and I did a couple of searches on here first (as one should always do ;) ) ...

... I was wondering if anyone has info regarding new Airport Express/Extreme/Time Capsule. I ask b/c I know it's not heavily covered on here (only if there is actually info out there, versus following tech trends) and it's usually something Apple updates quietly that someone finds out via store specs/etc.

I know it's currently on 'ac' but I'm not sure how current that is.

Just curious! In the market and would love to pick one up relatively soon (obviously waiting until Thursday) and not have that horrible luck of buying it only to find out it'll be updated a few days later :confused:

Thanks!

2. ABC5S, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

The current one will be around a bit longer with the exception of the Express that should get the ac version. AE hasn't been out too long yet. No need to replace it with something else since the current one will only need some software updates, and not a new design.

Besides above, Apple does not confide in us peons. They are the only ones to know when or if a new design AE will come out.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I do not predict seeing an Extreme or Time Capsule update but potentially an AirPort Express update. There may be a new software update soon however.