New Alum Macbook owners: Opinions on the Viewing Angle

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cheapa55, Oct 16, 2008.

1. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

As most have read the review comparison between the MB and MBP on gizmodo.com, they showed the viewing angle between the two.

How have you felt the viewing angle is on the MB? Not comparing but just by itself? Is it something that bothers you or you notice at all?

I'm planning on getting one tonight but if the viewing angle is poor, I might just spend the extra $ on the MBP.

Thanks!

2. alex000it macrumors member

I've bought mine today and its simply gorgeous!
    The viewing angle is much better than the previous one and the led backlight is fantastic.:D

3. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Viewing angle is pretty good, IMO. But still not as good as any of the MacBook Pro's I have owned. I'll give that up for the size and the price though.

4. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good to hear so far. I'd like to hear from more people. I just don't want to have any issues with the angle. Thanks guys.

5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

My friend just got the new 2.0 one and I have the black Macbook. I decided to try testing the viewing angle after reading this. Side by side on an angle they both are the same which isn't very good. It is still a problem. One of the test sites I read confirmed what I did as well.

6. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Darn! How far off center does it start to deteriorate?

7. guthy-lux macrumors member

I own a previous MB. I went to apple store to see LED display. I thought it's as bad as old model. like if you change the height of your eyes an inch, the color dramatically changes, especially with default desktop background.

maybe there's huge individual difference?

8. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I noticed the really poor vertical viewing angle when I got home and started using my new MacBook, I have to say I was really disappointed as my Core Duo MacBook Pro has an awesome screen in comparison. As much as I love the smaller size of the MacBook, the screen is a real disappointment and I'm seriously tempted to change it for a MacBook Pro, despite its larger size.

I'm really gutted though, as the MacBook is such an awesome laptop in every other way, but given that the screen is such an integral part of the system, I don't think I could live with such a poor screen given the high price. You just have to move your head very slightly and the whole image shifts :mad:

There's ALWAYS something...

9. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I did a side by side comparison between my new MacBook and the last generation but one MacBook and the screen is the same - terrible if you view it from anything but head on.

10. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, that's what I was afraid of. I like to show off stuff when using the laptop like pictures and movie clips. that means anyone else besides me would have trouble looking at it? Sucks! I really didn't want to get a 15".