New Aluminum iMac (mouse question)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Maxington, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Maxington macrumors 6502

So I received me new iMac today :) I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a replacement optical mouse for the mightymouse that may match the brushed aluminum/black and look of the keyboard ?

Just something that may "look" a little better than a white mouse...

2. l33r0y macrumors 6502

The keys of the keyboard match the mouse, don't they? :rolleyes:

3. torrid30 macrumors member

"It's twue! It's twue!"

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

macmice.com otherwise known as dv forge has a 2 button scroll called the BT Mouse AL - for aluminum. Though the older version was the best, the new one uses laser tracking and a charging cradle which I don't care for as much. I guess you can hide the cradle elsewhere, maybe plug it into the wall via a usb wall plug. I have an older one which I hadn't thought of using with my new iMac that came today. I had to get a BT Mighty Mouse b/c it didn't work well with my Mini. Some sort of interference. Worked great with my 12" Powerbook, just not the Mini, would jump, disconnect and lag. Only problem is I have gotten used to the 360 degree scroll ball of the MM vs. a standard scroll wheel, so while the old BT Aluminum mouse would look nice, I will probably use the white.

Just checked, the BT with cradle charging only comes in white but the corded comes in silver or I found the original silver on ebay

5. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

I had this mouse and took it back, I hated the feel of it and it made such a loud click, I returned back to my non-scrolling mighty mouse.

6. WarWraith macrumors newbie

I have a Logitech Revolution MX. Black and grey. Expensive, but I was so happy with it that I got one for my Mac at work.

7. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

[​IMG]
    Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser for Mac

This is a great mouse but it cannot be bought on it's own only with the keyboard. It's metal and white look matches the new keyboard perfectly.

8. rainydays macrumors 6502a

AFAIK, it's just a macified version of MX 610 which has now been replaced by MX 620 (micro gear version). They look pretty much the same, but the don't have the matching colors.

I think the state of pointing devices is just sad. They are either ugly and/or doesn't work properly. At least Apple tries to think a bit different, too bad they fail so miserly at it.
    And there's not a single trackball worth looking at today. At least I haven't been able to find one. I used my Logitech Trackman Marble FX for 7 years, but eventually the left-click button died. Too bad I didn't buy two of them, cause then I would have had a great pointing device for another 7 years.

I have been looking for a decent replacement the past 6 months. Last week I finally decided that I might be able to live with an RF dongle so I ordered an MX Revolution. I'll probably get it tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint me.

If you can live with a corded mouse then I suggest taking a look at Razer. They are butt ugly, but really good mice.