New Aluminum Macbook Pro Freezing issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phoebedubh, Nov 7, 2008.

1. phoebedubh macrumors member

Well folks, i have my new macbook pro less than a week and from the first time i used it problems began. A slight flickering on the screen and then freezing. This has occurred several times already and I am afraid that the machine may be faulty. Note, i have not had time to do anything seriously taxing on the machine so the freezing issue is a big worry at the moment. Does anyone else perhaps have the same problem with their MBP or does anybody know what could be wrong with my very model?? please do chip in with any help thanks,
    Phoebes

2. DEV1l88 macrumors newbie

I would recommend reinstalling the OS to see if that fixes the problem if that doesn't then take it to apple store for them to run diagnostic i have the New Mac Book 2.4GHz and custom made 2.8GHZ Mac Book Pro and so far i had no problems with them. If you want try find some mac diagnostic programs and run them from home and see if that finds the problem.

3. phoebedubh thread starter macrumors member

(this is my second try as the laptop shut down after horizontal lines flickered!!!)
    do you think i should re-install the os x cd? I haven't a monkeys what could be wrong with this machine but as i've gone through several other forums, it seems i can't find anyone else with the exact same problem. Similar problems but not together. There is no Apple Store in Ireland but in Belfast Northern Ireland. I may have to ring apple. This is not good enough for the prices we pay

4. james tuttle macrumors newbie

i have the same problem, going to call apple today ;-(

5. blurfonz macrumors regular

Since that it is new I suggesting calling Apple. Seek their advises.

6. phoebedubh thread starter macrumors member

any word from Apple? I have been sent a replacement immediately. There seem to be a lot of faulty models. What is going on with this company?! another week of waiting on Chinese deliveries

7. siraskalot macrumors newbie

hey,

I had a flickering issue.. kind of like setting the wrong frequency on a CRT, you get that weird looking display.. Took it back to the apple store where I purchased it. They gave me a new laptop no questions asked. Only thing that bothered me was waiting for them to finish transferring my data to the new laptop.

8. phoebedubh thread starter macrumors member

the list of flaws seems to go on. I almost feel like just asking for a refund. Clearly there is a massive quality control issue on some parts of the assembly procedure. For shame not ironing out these problems before going to retail status!!!

9. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i got this same issue last night :( the flickering and then freezing with horizontal lines!

i ordered my alu macbook on day it was announced so was an early adopter and its been pretty much perfect since yesterday..

after numerous testing and phonecall with apple, its been concluded to be hardware related and is going in for repair tomorrow... i could be without it for 7 days :eek:

bah!! as long as it gets sorted i'll be happy :)

10. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

just an update on this (if anyone cares)..

Macbook has gone in for repair to a company called "Group 8" (?).. anyway.. called them today and they said they've ordered a new screen panel or something like that... and i should receive it back by end of the week after the engineers do some more testing etc..