New alumium MB display Q?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by maccuser, Dec 16, 2008.

1. maccuser macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I just got a macbook and I noticed that when I look closely at the screen, I can see it breaks up into tiny squares, I can see individual pixels..I was wondering if that's normal casue I didn't notice such thing when I was at applestore.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah, those are pixels. That's how the display works. I can even see the pixels on my iPhone's screen from decently far away. Were you that close at the Apple Store?

3. cryonic49 macrumors member

Hehe, of course you are going to see pixels up close - that's how displays are constructed!

But seriously though, MB's screen is subpar. The first time I saw the MB's screen, I swear I saw 'scanlines' on the screen - I was so used to the superior MBP screens.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Yeah, those are pixels duder.

1280 of'em across, 800 top to bottom...

Maybe count, make sure they're all there :p

5. maccuser thread starter macrumors member

How come it's more visible than the old macbook. my brother has a white one and I compared. Mine was more visible..it looks like electrons runing across pixels that sort of thing..
    I don't think thats normal if unibody has a higher resolution then shouldn't the pixels be smaller and harder to see than the old mb??
    correct me plz if I'm wrong..

6. cryonic49 macrumors member

You are not wrong. The MB screens are subpar. You might have the LG one - that's the same one that I have, and I can definite see edges of the pixels from normal distance.

7. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I have no idea what screen version I have but to see pixels i have to get pretty close to the screen :)

8. maccuser thread starter macrumors member

i dont know how to describe it but it feels like pixels are not solid or still.. it feels like they are blinking but offcourse very fast..Colors are not solid.

Could it be that my screen is not caliberated and should i play with different profiles? in that case could someone tell me what i need to do??
    I shoud probably take it to applestore and see what they say..