New AMD Boot Camp driver (15.201) for Windows 7/8.1/10

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vladobizik, Sep 22, 2015.

1. vladobizik macrumors 6502

To whom it may concern, AMD at last published an updated driver package for Boot Camp systems. It's newer than the driver included in Boot Camp 6, and it's compatible even with Windows 7 (which BC6 dropped so those who are still on that system were stuck with very old graphics drivers).
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/bootcamp
    I no longer have a BC partition on my riMac nor do I plan to install Windows in the foreseebable future, so I have no way to test the new drivers, but I still had the AMD driver page among my watched sites, so I thought I'd share the happy news.

2. Khyrios macrumors newbie

Thx for this info!
    Let´s hope AMD can update more frequent after the Windows 10 driver cryout...

3. GiLLER macrumors newbie

Just installed the new driver on my riMac M295X and tried GTA V. Seems to work fine! (Win 10)

4. vladobizik thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the same computer you have and when I played GTA V this spring using the drivers from December, the performance was so-so, so it's nice if it's improved.

5. slicedbread macrumors regular

anyone able to open AMD FirePro Control Center with this driver set installed?

it installs correctly, but when I go to open the CC, it crashes my computer.

On windows 10, Mac Pro D700s, cleared out all my old drivers and installed 15.201 only.

6. ghislain macrumors member

same for me. Drivers install correctly by CCC don't open, even if reinstalled with ccc2_install. Very frustrating...

7. slicedbread macrumors regular

completely ridiculous that AMD still cant get their drivers working in this day and age.

8. Mattstrete macrumors member

I was experiencing very bad system lockups with these drivers whilst crossfire was enabled. I reverted to the version of the drivers included in Bootcamp 6 and my problems went away. (nMP D500s)

9. Atlantico macrumors 6502

Atlantico

You mean the nvidia Windows 10 cryout where the nvidia drivers for Windows 10 were causing BSODs constantly.