New and date category in Appstore

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Nicsoft, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Nicsoft macrumors member

Hello,

I have had some problems finding my app under "New"-category in appstore.

1. What I wonder is about the “New” category in iPhone/AppStore, is it by any mean the same category as on iTune’s AppStore on the Mac? The heading there is “New and noteworthy”, if that is the case I guess being new is not the only need for an app ending up there (it has to be noteworty as well...)? Does anyone know how it is?

2. In Appstore in iPhone, when I drill down to the category (E.g. Games->Puzzle), and chose “Release date”, shouldn’t the app be visible there if I am sure that's the correct category? When checking, the dates now are quite old and the latest one is not in the top. Are they having some kind of random way of presenting the apps (would make sence in order to give each application the possibility to be visible, since I guess there are a huge amount of apps relesed...).

Note: Now when I check "New" in iTunes/Appstore on my Mac today, I see that there are no new apps between 24th Feb and 1st March. Feels like they have had some problems on their side, perhaps that's a part of why I am feeling confused. Does anyone know anything about this? My app is dated to 27th... I can find it when I search for it.

Perhaps this is not the correct place for asking?

Thanks in advance!

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Apps in the "New and Noteworthy" section are determined by Apple. If they want to include your app in this list, they will contact you so that they can "feature" your app.