New and Old iPhone question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ndwgolf, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

I have an original iPhone and it was unlocked by using iphoneunlockuk.com for a cost of +/- 30 quid, my question is I am going to buy the new 3G iPhone when I go back to the UK next month and want to know is there a way to unlock it without having to go through iphoneunlockuk.com company as I will be using my iPhone in Thailand with a Thai sim card?

Also I plan to give my old iPhone to my daughter in the UK, can she copy all the stuff off my iPhone onto her new computer and then keep what ever she wants and delete what she doesn’t want?

2. bdsmyth macrumors regular

The world is still waiting for the hacking forum to open up and let us know about the hack for the 3G version. Everything is still quiet on that front as no-one wants to say anything yet in case Apple close out any of the gaps that could be exploited. Once that's out though you should be able to do it yourself as the process is getting simpler as the community gets more clever about it. Still a case of watch this space for now.

On the old iphone, there are apps out there for both PC and MAC that will allow you to at least take the music from your phone/itouch and copy it to your computer, not sure about pictures etc. Do a search on the net and you should find what you are looking for.

Cheers
    :)