New Antenna Placement in MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dannn, Apr 19, 2010.

1. dannn macrumors regular

I read on the macrumors homepage that apple changed the location of their wifi antennas, presumably improving wifi signals.

can anyone chime in and tell me if the wifi feels any more consistent?
    i had some issues with a previous aluminum macbook. Although i could browse webpages, streaming videos were often times quite unbearably slow and having skype conversations were quite laggy.

since ive switched to a white unibody, these havent really been issues. however, i am contemplating going back to a 13" mb(p).

I jsut want to know if the wifi has improved at all. it's the only thing really holding me back

and for that matter, does anyone know if the 13"s even got a change in antenna placement? the article dissected the 15 or 17"..not the 13"

don't want to assume that the 13" received the change

2. enrroi macrumors newbie

WIFI performance

I am considering buying a Macbook 2010 or a Macbook Pro mid 2010. I wonder if there is any benchmark between these two on the WIFI performance.

3. elee888 macrumors newbie

I came from an older 15" MBP (Santa Rosa) and I'm now using this year's new 13" MBP. I'm not sure if there is an antenna change on the newer models. However, I DO notice that I am able to pick up more wifi signals with the 13" vs. before with my older 15" MBP. Even networks I know that are pretty far away still populate the Airport drop down menu. Just my 2 cents...

4. xaquaticx macrumors regular

Wifi is still slow in MBPs compared to MacBooks or any other laptop without a metal case. Wish they'd use something besides metal. Still, this new MBP is faaaaaasst!. Also, heads up on the the hard crashing, check the threads here and at Apple about it.

5. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

We've got last years 2.26 MBP and the 2010 2.4 (both 13") and the 2010 has way better wifi, infact I can't get it move off full bars anywhere in the whole house. I reckon they changed something as this new one is rock solid.