New Antenna Placement Mean Aluminum Bumper Cases Ok?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MauiGideon, Sep 18, 2014.

1. MauiGideon macrumors regular

2. MauiGideon thread starter macrumors regular

3. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

Mine seems fine. Compared it to a friend with the AT&T as well and we both showed the same signal strength.

4. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

No its doesn't because the antennae bands still run along the side. Metal will cut the signal and disrupt it by joining the metal. Even if there is a rubber insert, its not big enough to cut off the connection.

5. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Are there more opinions on this. I believe the top band is for the near field antenna for the iPhone 6. If you don't intend to use NFC the Aluminum bumper may not be a problem. The back antennas I think are WIFI and Cellular. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Please someone, do a with and without comparison same time (as close as possible) and location.

6. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Your correct, the plastic are not for cell antennae but they seprate the metal antennae and connecting them is what causes signal loss. The entire casing has to remain as is without new metal attached.

7. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I can't believe no one has done a with and without Aluminum bumper comparison. I know a lot of people purchased Spigen and Verus Aluminum bumpers. Could you please just say, no change or little change or big change or absolutely don't buy.

Don't answer if you don't have one on an iPhone 6. Thanks

By the way Raffi I never thought the plastic strips are antennae. There are two metal panels on the back that are used for antennae and would not be covered or connected by a bumper.

8. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I know the iPhone 5 and 5s are greatly effected by a metal bumper. I just thought the two extra aluminum parts that are antennae might change things enough so that signal would be OK.

I've had an iPhone 4 and 5 and tried a;to of aluminum bumpers. The only ones that worked were Element composite Aluminum/Polycarbon composite. They worked, I like them, and have consistently used them. So Aluminum can be made to work.

9. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Will someone please report on whether this bumper causes reception or signal problems.